I’ve been on veggie overload lately. I always buy WAY too many veggies & fruits at the grocery store and then I’m scrambling to use them in time before they go bad. I normally buy enough to feed an army, yet it’s only my husband and I at home.
So, I was trying to use up some veggies and since it was such a rainy day, I figured soup would be perfect!! I added butter to a large pot and threw in onions and bell pepper. Then I added the remaining ingredients in and allowed to brown.
Once it was all browned I dumped the veggies into a blender with some milk. Blended it all up until creamy and then back into the pan.
I added more milk & some veggie broth and then, viola! Soup! It was spicy and savory and absolutely perfect on a rainy day. Yes, it’s a “creamy” soup, but it’s super healthy! Jam packed with veggies that provide a ton of nutrients your body needs!!!
2 TB butter
1 yellow sweet pepper
1 pack mushrooms
1 bunch asparagus
1 TB olive oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 TB garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
4 garlic cloves (diced)
1 1/2 c milk
1 c vegetable broth
- Chop veggies up small & set aside.
- Heat butter in large pot & add in the chopped onions & diced garlic. Allow to cook down 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables – mushrooms, sweet peppers, asparagus & olive oil. Allow to cook down for about 7 minutes. The vegetables should begin to brown and become soft. Stir in your garlic powder, parsley, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add cooked vegetables to blender and blend to combine with 1/2 c milk. ((It’s best to allow your vegetables to cool a bit before blending to avoid any splash))
- Once your vegetables have been blended to a smooth consistency, add back in to the pot and add 1 c milk & 1 c vegetable broth.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.