Mini cheeseburger bites?!?!? Who would have thought that a tiny bun free cheeseburger could be so delicious & cute?!
If you don’t love food on a stick, we can’t be friends. If it’s food and it’s on a stick, I have to have it. Homemade corndogs, fried cheese, pickles, french fries…. you name it… ALL taste better on a stick. So, why not have a mini burger on a stick? I’m game!
I made my burger and then formed them into tiny little meatballs.
I added my ‘lil meatballs to a saute pan & browned them up. While they were cooking I chopped up an onion, tomato, and romaine lettuce.
I poked the tomato, onion, and lettuce onto a toothpick. I used the colorful ones that you would buy to garnish a bloody mary with. I melted cheddar cheese over the top of the meatballs and then I picked up the skewer, poked the cheeseburger on to it and put it on the serving dish.
These mini cheeseburger bites are perfect for an appetizer, picnic, or when camping!
They’re also a great idea for someone that is gluten free (omit breadcrumbs), or doing a low carb diet!!!
What’s your favorite food on a stick?!
Mini Cheeseburger Bites
1 lb 90/10 ground beef
1/4 c panko Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Toothpicks (I used the mini plastic skewers that you would use to garnish a bloody mary)
Lettuce, tomato, onion (I used romaine lettuce, tomatoes off of the vine, and sweet onion – You can use cherry tomatoes and/or any kind of lettuce you prefer)
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in large mixing bowl. Mix until fully combined. Shape into small meatballs. Set aside.
- Slice tomato into small cubes or slice cherry/grape tomato in 1/2.
- Slice your lettuce up so you can fold it into a little clump of lettuce (If using romaine, you could slice it into a mini wedge
- Slice your onion into small cubes
- Add your lettuce, tomato, onion to your skewers.
- Cook meatballs in saute pan until fully browned. Use your spatula to push down on your meatballs to form them into a flatter shape to resemble a burger.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of your mini burgers and allow to melt.
- Poke your skewer into the meatball to remove from pan & add to serving platter.
- Serve with mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup etc. on the side so you can dip your mini burger skewer right into your preferred burger topping 🙂