I love making up snacks/appetizers that are easy to share. These bean stuffed mini sweet peppers were a huge hit & they’re so colorful!!
I bought a bag of mini sweet peppers and cut them in half and then removed the seeds.
I started on my bean stuffing – black beans, refried beans, garlic, basil, red pepper, and olive oil. I combined all of it in my food processor (I added the refried beans last as they were already a creamy consistency).
Then I stuffed my peppers with the bean mixture and topped with shredded mexican blend cheese.
I baked them on 350 for about 10 minutes until they were softened and the cheese had melted.
You can’t go wrong with these!!
Bean Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Mini Sweet Peppers
1 can black beans
1 can Refried beans
1/3 c Frozen corn
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Shredded Mexican blend cheddar cheese
- Slice your mini sweet peppers into halves and remove seeds. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend black beans, garlic, basil, red pepper, and olive oil until a creamy hummus consistency. Add refried beans and mix until combined. Stir in frozen corn.
- Scoop your bean mixture into your mini sweet pepper halves.
- Top with shredded mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in preheated oven on 350 until cheese is melted & peppers have started to soften (about 10 minutes).