I wanted to make some fun snacks for cinco de mayo and what’s more fun than Chorizo Taco cups?! I bought 1 lb of Hatfield Chorizo and cooked it in a saute pan. No need to add any seasonings… it’s perfect just the way it is!
I tried to look for wonton wrappers but the store was OUT. I asked the guy working in the produce dept if he knew where they were moved to. They used to be on a top shelf near the lettuce. He asked someone and told me they were in the organic aisle now. So, I went to the organic aisle….. nope! I asked the gentleman working in the organic aisle (who seemed to be a manager) and he told me they were in produce. I explained to him they used to be but apparently they’re not located there anymore as the produce employee just assisted me. Then I pushed my cart back to the produce aisle with the manager so he cold look for himself…… and guess what? He couldn’t find them either. Haha!!!! I ended up buying some egg roll wrappers from the organic section.
Pretty funny story for a simple wonton wrapper! Egg roll wrappers will work JUST FINE if your grocery store decides to hide their wonton wrappers like mine did. 😂
If using egg roll wrappers, slice them into squares.
Spray your muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and stuff your square wraps in. Then, put 1/2 of your chorizo evenly on top of the wontons.
Layer another wonton wrapper on top of your chorizo.
Top with remaining chorizo.
Add shredded cheese. I used a preshredded Mexican cheese blend.
I baked on 350 for 10 minutes until the wrap was a golden brown and the cheese was melted.
I popped them out of the muffin pan with a fork and set them on the serving dish.
Then I topped with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
They were so good I could have eaten every single one!!!
I also had store bought fresh guacamole and fresh salsa with tostito chips. I made a cheese dip with velveta cheese and a jar of rotel.
Then I sliced up some fresh veggies to either enjoy as a fresh little side salad or to add on top of nachos!
Chorizo Taco Cups
Wonton wrappers (or egg roll wrappers)
1 lb Chorizo
Shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350.
- Line muffin pan with wonton wrappers. If using egg roll wrappers, slice into squares and add the squares to the muffin pan.
- Cook your chorizo in a pan. Once fully cooked, add 1/2 of the chorizo to the wonton wraps.
- Put anothet layer of wonton wraps on top of the chorizo.
- Add remaining chorizo to wonton wraps.
- Add cheese to each of the taco cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Remove chorizo taco cups with a fork and add to serving platter.
- Top with shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream.