This may not classify as a frittata due to the fact that it’s not partially cooked on the stove first so I was iffy about calling it just that… but I did anyway. Honestly, I don’t care what you call it because I’m just calling it delicious!!!
I sliced zucchini real thin and layered it on the bottom of a nonstick green life pan (these are the amazing ones that you see on TV where NOTHING sticks to them and they’re freaking incredible and super easy to clean). Then I sprinkled it with crushed red pepper, fresh ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
I slid it under the broiler for three minutes to allow the zucchini to brown up befote putting the egg on top!
Then I added the egg and veggie mixture on top of the cooked zucchini.
And then I sprinkled on some crumbled goat cheese
And layered with more zucchini
Of course I had to finish with more spices – garlic powder, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
I baked it on 350 for 15 minutes.
Then broiled it for 3 minutes to slightly brown the zucchini on top.
Then, slide it right out on to a cutting board
Slice it right up like a pizza and enjoy!
This has to be my favorite fritatta/low carb/crustless bfast pizza yet!!!
1/4 c chopped fire roasted red peppers in a jar
Goat cheese (about 2 tablespoons – crumbled)
1/2 c chopped arugula
Paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, crushed red pepper
- Slice your zucchini as thin as you can get it and layer into the bottom of a pan as your “crust”
- Sprinkle garlic powder, crushed red pepper (optional), and black pepper over your zucchini. Broil for approximately three minutes or until zucchini has slightly started to brown
- Whisk together 4 eggs and then mix in chopped arugula, a pinch of paprika and chopped fire roasted red peppers.
- Pour on top of broiled zucchini. Add goat cheese in small crumbles evenly around the top of the egg mixture. Top with remaining sliced zucchini
- Sprinkle zucchini with garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (again, optional)
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes
- Once baked for 15 minutes, switch to broil and broil for three.
- Slide frittata out of pan on to cookie sheet and slice with pizza cutter.