Hubby and I haven’t been eating out as much which has been absolutely wonderful!!! It allows me to experiment even more with all of the fun food ideas I have been wanting to make! So, I decided this afternoon that I wanted to try to make Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken! My husband LOVES artichokes and well, I love spinach & artichoke dip!
I couldn’t believe how easy this was to make! I added my spinach, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese to my mixing bowl. Then I added some salt, pepper, and diced garlic. Then I drained my can of artichokes, chopped them up, and added them in too.
And guess what? That’s spinach & artichoke dip! Right there! I could bake this and just eat ALL of it with pita chips…. that’s how much I love it. But, I promise I won’t…. I have chicken to stuff!
I had planned on buying boneless skinless chicken breasts and when I went to pick some up I noticed these thin chicken cutlets (and they were buy one get one). I decided to use the cutlets and I did pound them out a little more to make sure they were extra thin!
I sprinkled italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on both sides. Then I used a spoon to add a heaping spoonful of the spinach and artichoke onto each piece of chicken. (Okay… my husband assisted here and we may have added a little more than 1 heaping spoonful… haha). Roll your chicken up to cover your spinach/artichoke and then use toothpicks to close the end.
I added olive oil to a pan and let them brown on each side.
They were a golden delicious crusty brown and then I added them into my preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
I can’t even tell you how much I love these nonstick pans. The cheesy artichoke that poured out is no problem at all. It just slides right on out of the pan. Anyway, as you can see… they get a little messy (especially when your husband seriously over-stuffs them) Haha. No worries though, messy just means extra delicious in my house! 🙂
Would you look at that?! They’re beautifully browned with that gooey, cheesy, garlicy spinach and artichoke dip inside. Oh goodness how could you resist?
I made the easiest salad in the world to pair with the chicken for dinner! I tossed arugula with olive oil. Then I drained a can of hearts of palm & sliced them at a diagonal. Lastly I sliced a red onion very thin. I added the hearts of palm & onion to the arugula & tossed to combine. Viola! (I told you it was easy!)
Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Chicken cutlets (pounded thin)
1 5 oz bag baby spinach
1 block philadelphia cream cheese
4 cloves garlic (diced)
1 15 oz can artichoke (drained from can & chopped)
1/4 c parmesan cheese
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Pound your chicken cutlets out thin. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning (both sides)
- Add your spinach, diced garlic, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, chopped artichokes, and a dash of salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on low until fully combined and creamy. The spinach will break up nicely from being mixed
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of dip onto each chicken cutlet. Roll & use toothpicks to close the ends.
- Drizzle olive oil in a nonstick pan. Brown the chicken on all sides.
- Bake chicken in preheated 350 oven for 20 minutes.
**I had additional spinach/artichoke stuffing left. I put it in a shallow baking dish & baked it at 350 for 20 minutes and it was a bubbly brown. Serve with bagel chips, pitas, or tostitos. It’s deliciously cheesy & garlicy and a big crowd pleaser! (Plus… I promise I won’t tell how EASY this really is!!)
Hearts of Palm & Arugula Salad
1 can hearts of palm
1 red onion
- Drain your hearts of palm & cut into slivers.
- Add arugula to a large bowl & toss with olive oil.
- Slice red onion very thin
- Add hearts of palm & sliced red onion to arugula & toss once more.