I took my lettuce out, diced my red onion, and diced my medley tomatoes.
I don’t have much of a green thumb, but man do I try! I have fresh herbs growing in my window. I used a handful of cilantro and and added it to mayo to top the chicken. It’ll be a nice cool addition to the spicy hot sauce.
For the hot sauce I combined sriracha and red hot until I was happy with the spice.
Then I mashed 1 avocado and sprinkled garlic salt in to also provide a cool creamy component to the taco.
I prepped my dredging station! 2 whisked eggs in one bowl. Flour with cayenne in another.
I took two boneless skinless chicken breasts and covered them in a few layers of cling wrap.
Using a meat tenderizer, I pounded the chicken breasts until thin.
Then I sliced them into chicken tender size strips, dipped them in flour, then egg, then flour again. Then I placed in a preheated pan with oil to fry.
Fry until golden brown and then add to papertowel lined plate.
Once all the chicken is cooked, add it to a baking rack lined cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 350. Bake for 5 minutes.
The chicken turns out perfectly browned and crunchy.
It’s so hard not to just pick it up and eat it just like this!!! 😍
Slice your chicken to add to your wrap.
Assemble your taco. Add lettuce. Sliced chicken.
Drizzle with hot sauce. Oh baby.
Then add a few dollops of your cilantro mayo and mashed avocado.
I then added the diced tomato and red onion. I also added some additional fresh cilantro!
Guys…. these are MASSIVE! They’re so good! Crunchy, spicy, creamy, satisfying! You have to make them!
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Oil for frying
Soft shell flour tortillas
1. Dice your tomatoes and red onion and set aside.
3. Combine 1/4 c red hot with 2 tablespoons sriracha. Adjust to taste for spicyness. Set aside.
2. Chop fresh cilantro very fine or use a food processor to have 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro. Add to 1/4 c mayo and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Using a food processor mash one avocado or if your avocado is ripe enough use a fork to mash the avocado. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
4. Add your Boneless skinless chicken breasts to a cutting board. Cover with a few layers of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken with the flat side. If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, a rolling pin would work! Do this until your chicken is thin
5. Whisk 2 eggs in one bowl
6. Add flour and a dash of cayenne to another bowl. I added about 1 c flour and 1/4 tsp cayenne.
7. Slice your Boneless skinless chicken breasts into chicken tender size strips.
8. Dredge your chicken in the flour, then egg, and then flour once more. Add to preheated oil and let fry until golden brown.
9. Once chicken is golden brown, remove with tongs and set on papertowel.
10. Once all chicken is cooked and drained on papertowel, add to a baking rack lined cookie sheet and place in preheated oven on 350 for 5 minutes.
11. Assemble your taco! Soft shell, lettuce, sliced fried chicken. Drizzle hot sauce on top of chicken. Add a few dollops of cilantro mayonaise and avocado. Top with tomato and red onion.