Warm Kale & Quinoa Salad
Seasoning for your squash (I used paprika & brown sugar)
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outside of your acorn squash. Cut in half. Slice in half again & remove seeds. Slice into bite size pieces & place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle seasoning of your choice. I sprinkled ½ with brown sugar and the other ½ with paprika. Bake on 350 about 35 minutes or until golden brown & tender.
2. Slice your beet greens approximately two inches from the top of the beet & boil for 30 minutes. Add to ice water bath & wearing gloves peel your beets. Slice into rounds & set aside.
3. Cook your quinoa according to package.
4. Add tuscan kale to large saute pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil & cook until tender. Add in cooked quinoa. Add in beets & squash. Add in goat cheese & allow the cheese to melt in with the quinoa and kale.
5. Add your kale quinoa mix to a bowl or plate for serving. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds & goat cheese on top. Enjoy! 🙂