Fall is here & that means pumpkin EVERYTHING. MUUAHHH HAHAHA. No seriously – It does. Why not pumpkin pancakes??
Mix together your dry ingredients.
and your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
PUMPKIN! Mix your pumpkin in!!! 🙂 Fold your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
and start making your pumpkin pancakes!!
They smelled of spice & goodness.
and were even tastier than I could have imagined – not too sweet which is exactly how I like them!
The recipe I used was from Food.com and you can find it here. I modified by using vegan butter & almond milk. Why? Well, because that’s what I had in my fridge at the time. 🙂
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (I used vegan butter)
- 1 egg
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Use a non stick skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in ¼ cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. Serve with butter and syrup.
- Makes about six 6-inch pancakes.