GUYS!!! This is my first TRUE non dietary restricted food blog post and I am SO EXCITED about it!!!
These Pixie Treats were & still are a family favorite in our house! Growing up my Mom would make these all of the time for us! My Mom used to work at a place called “The Big Pixie” while she was in high school. Apparently they made these delicious cheesy bacon-y hotdogs there and that’s where she got the idea! All I can say is thank goodness for The Big Pixie!!!
You’re going to need hotdogs, bacon, cheese & toothpicks. Oh, and an assembly line (if you can find one)!! 😉
Slice your hot dogs down the middle
and stuff them with cheese!! I used cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
Then you’re going to wrap your cheese stuffed hot dog up in a slice of bacon.
and secure with a toothpick on each end.
Once I wrapped all of my hot dogs, I put them on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
Set your broiler to high.
Broil for 7 minutes & take out to turn them. The picture below is my pixie treats after 7 minutes. I turned them to make sure the bacon gets all crispy and crunchy on the other side as well.
and ohhhh boyyyyy do these smell SO good.
Make sure to take your toothpicks out!!!!! After 14 minutes, they are broiled to a melty cheesy bacony so delicious I can’t wait to eat it dinner. We put these pixie treats on amoroso rolls & had french fries on the side.
Cheese – Cheddar and/or mozzarella
1. Slice your hot dog right down the middle and stuff with cheese.
2. Using 1 slice of bacon, wrap your cheese filled hot dog.
3. Secure with a toothpick on each end
4. Assemble all of your hot dogs & then place on a cookie sheet or a broiler pan.
5. Broil on high for 7 minutes.
6. After 7 minutes, turn your hotdogs so the other side can get a good broil
7. Broil for another 7 minutes to ensure the bacon is cooked and crispy on all sides.
8. REMOVE YOUR TOOTHPICKS! (This steps important!!)
8. Serve on a hotdog bun or amoroso roll with your condiments! 🙂 Enjoy!!!