We’re going to our neighbors NYE party tonight and I made a ridiciculously large batch of oreo balls to bring in the New Year!!
This time I didn’t use a double stuffed oreo & I just blended the ENTIRE cookie in the food processor. You can find my recipe where I separate the cream & the cookie here.
Works perfectly for me!!! SUCH A TIME SAVER!
I mixed ½ of my cookie crumble mixture with my cream cheese. Then added the other half the cookie in.
Rolled my mixture into bite size balls & I froze them for about 10-15 minutes.
Then I created a double boiler for my chocolate & milk chocolate & started dippin’!
I had all kinds of fun sprinkles….after all, this is the new year!
This was a crazy idea. I melted down white chocolate & put it in a pastry bag. I cut a teeny tiny hole in the bottom of the pastry bag & attempted to write 2017 on the balls. The pastry bag was so hot I had to use an oven mitt to hold it & I didn’t get many done before the white chocolate started to cool & wasn’t moving through the tip of the bag too great. But, it was a cute attempt!
2 packs oreos
1 pack (8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Semisweet baking chocolate
White baking chocolate
Pastry bag (optional)
Mini muffin wrappers
1. Using a food processor, crumble the cookies into a powder like texture.
2. Mix your Oreo crumble & 1 pack of cream cheese with a mixer. I add ½ of the crumb mixture with the cream cheese & once combined then I add the other ½ of the oreo mixture.
(Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to your mixture until it’s nicely combining. This also makes it easier to roll your mixture into balls)
3. Roll the mixture into bite size Oreo balls
4. Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Dip chocolate balls in & place on parchment paper
5. Sprinkle with decorations!
*If using white chocolate to write on your chocolate balls, you’ll need to melt your chocolate & add it to a pastry bag. BE SUPER CAREFUL – THIS IS HOT! I used an oven mitt to hold the pasty bag & help me squeeze it when decorating.
7. Once chocolate has hardened, place into mini muffin wrappers! 🙂 Remember to keep these refrigerated as there is cream cheese in them!