Normally I make a bourbon glazed salmon but since I’ve been trying to avoid alcohol I decided to try something a little different. I went with a maple & soy sauce glaze. I placed my salmon right into the bowl with my sauce & let it sit for about 5 minutes. Obviously, if you have the time let this marinate for at least 30 minutes, but I was whipping this together last night around 7PM and I wasn’t about to wait any longer than I had to.
I placed my salmon down in the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Then I flipped and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
Then I dumped in the rest of the sauce. Obviously, I had a lot of extra sauce – but I love to drizzle it over the salmon when it’s plated.
We ate the salmon with roasted radishes and carrot french fries. Recipes coming soon for the roasted radishes & carrot FF! 🙂
2 salmon pre-portioned cuts
¼ c maple syrup
2-3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
3 cloves garlic – diced
Sprinkle of pepper
1. Mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce, diced garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
2. Place your salmon filet in your maple sauce. You can let marinate overnight or at least 30 minutes. ((I only let mine sit in the maple sauce for a few minutes because I was prepping all of this right as I was cooking dinner. It was still delicious!))
3. Cook your salmon about 3 minutes on each side (it’ll be flaky when it’s finished)
4. Add in your maple glaze sauce that you had the salmon marinating in & let it thicken & get sticky.
5. Plate your salmon – Feel free to drizzle some maple sauce on top 🙂
What’s your favorite salmon recipe?