HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! This is my first post of the new year & I wanted to have something fun & exciting & of course tasty & EASY for you!! Loaded Potato “Thins!” Instead of a larger potato skin why not make something that is finger food & people can pop it right in their mouth!?! and trust me when I tell you, THEY WILL! These babies go quick!
I took a few large potato and sliced them thin (1/4″ approximately).
Then I put them on a cookie sheet in a single layer and brushed olive oil on both sides.
I baked them in the oven for 30 minutes on 400 degrees.
Then I topped with finely shredded cheddar (I bought the pre-shredded), diced red onion, and bacon!
They come out a melty delicious looking round of goodness!
I put them on a large serving platter with sour cream & a sprinkling of chives on top.
I made sure to separate out the ones with bacon & without bacon. (I mean, Idk who doesnnntttt like bacon but I’m sure there’s someone – OK, you caught me. I did it because our neighbors have some vegetarian friends so I was tryin’ to be nice!)
I’m not kidding when I tell you these were a HIT! We brought them over for our neighbors NYE party & people were gobbling them right up! (Such a wonderful feeling to see others love your food!) I think I may have to whip some more up for New Years Day!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Loaded Potato “Thins”
Large baked potatoes (I used about 3 VERY large potatoes here)
1 lb bacon (cooked & diced)
1 red onion (diced)
Cheddar cheese – (I used 1 ½ larger pre-shredded bags)
Sour cream for dipping
1. Wash your potatoes & slice them into 1/4″ rounds.
2. Place rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet
3. Brush olive oil on each side of the round
4. Bake the potato rounds in the oven on 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Once potatoes have baked & are a golden brown, top with cheese, bacon, and red onion. You can even sprinkle on some chives here if you’d like – I did for my non bacon rounds.
6. Once your thins have been loaded up, bake them at 400 for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Move to a serving platter with sour cream for dipping & serve!!
*Recipe adapted from Pip & Ebby