When I was in college I lived with my Aunt & Uncle. They lived 20 minutes from the school and it saved me a butt-load of money. Not to mention my college was already ridiculously expensive (I just didn’t realize it at the time because I was a clueless college student – side note….. go to a state school, not a private catholic school!!!) 😉 Just kidding, kind of. I loved my college. ANYWAYYYY….. They were very good to me & would cook dinner every night. One of my favorite dinners that I still make to this day that they would make for me was kielbasa & veggies. It’s super easy and really quick.
All you need is some kielbasa and a bag of frozen california style mixed veggies.
Add your frozen veggies to a saute pan with some olive oil drizzled on top.
Sprinkle on garlic powder, parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
Let veggies become tender & brown a little.
Then add your kielbasa in (cut into rounds).
Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and maybe some more seasonings depending on how generous you were the first time. To me, you can’t add enough to this dish – the more you add the better it tastes. 😉
Viola! Dinner is served. My aunt and uncle always made rice & would serve this over rice with the fancy Parmesan in the glass jar. Seriously guys, it’s one of my favorites.
1 bag frozen california mixed vegetables
Black pepper, oregano, parsley
1. Add your frozen vegetables to a saute pan & drizzle olive oil on top. Cook until tender (smaller vegetables will begin to brown/pan fry).
2. Sprinkle parsley, oregano, pepper, and Parmesan cheese on your veggies.
3. Once your veggies are tender, slice your kielbasa into rounds & add to your veggies.
4. Depending on how many seasonings you added in step two, you may want to add more now.
5. Let cook until kielbasa is slightly brown/sauteed.
6. Serve over rice. Add fresh Parmesan to each serving.