I’m always looking for easy, healthy, and delicious lunch ideas to make each week. One week I’m convinced we will have salads every week for a lifetime and then by day three, I’m so sick of salad I never want to look at one again. I’m a “Variety is the spice of life” kind of person. I get bored QUICK. However, I made four days worth of kick’n chicken, seasoned potatoes, and veggies for this upcoming week. I tend to prefer a warm lunch over a cold one once the weather starts to cool down.
I’m weird when it comes to chicken. I think it’s disgusting cold and/or plain and/or reheated. I’m pretty impossible. BUT the good news is, this kick’n chicken is good reheated or cold. Why? It’s seasoned SO much it doesn’t get that gross leftover chicken taste.
Ok, let’s move on to the pictures! 🙂
For the potatoes I slice them in ½ once and then I slice each of the 1/2′s in ½. Then, I slice them into bite size pieces.
I added all of my slices to a big bowl & then start sprinkling on your seasoning
and your olive oil. Mix together with your hands.
Once mixed, spread them out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Set your oven to 450 and bake for 25 minutes.
They’re going to come out crispy & deliciously seasoned & ready to eat!
Now let’s move on to the chicken.
This time I used Kick’n Chicken Seasoning by Weber.
I put my two boneless skinless chicken breasts into a pan & seasoned both sides. I REALLY season these buggers.
Once they cook a little bit on both sides I took them out of the pan & used a filet knife to cut them in ½ lengthwise & then added them back in to the pan. You better believe I then seasoned the sides that weren’t seasoned. Then I added ½ c water to deglaze the pan.
I let the chicken cook until it was ALMOST done and then I removed it from the pan again and sliced it into strips. Then I added it back into the pan to make sure it was done & so I could let it soak up all of the delicious spices & juices.
Then, I started assembling my lunches. I piled in the chicken, potatoes, and I also steamed some broccoli and green beans right in the bag.
It’s an easy healthy lunch & it takes a short amount of time yet gives you a week full of lunches! I didn’t cook up all of my chicken – I only cooked 4 meals with (2 days for my husband and I) because I didn’t want the chicken to go bad before we have time to eat it. So, on Wednesday I’ll make more chicken. I always only prepare for 4 lunch days out of the week because we either have leftovers one day for lunch or we end up not eating our lunch one day for whatever reason. 🙂
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Weber kick’n chicken seasoning
½ c water
1. Add your boneless skinless chicken to a non stick pan
2. Season well with kick’n chicken seasoning (both sides)
3. Sear both sides
4. Remove chicken & use a filet knife to slice in ½.
5. Add all four slices back into the nonstick pan & season the sides that haven’t been seasoned yet. Add ½ c water
6. Let cook almost all the way through and then remove from pan & slice
7. Add back to pan and continue to cook until no longer pink – be sure to stir & allow the chicken to absorb the spices/juices in the pan.
4 large potatoes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 450
2. Slice your potatoes into bite size pieces
3. Add your bite size pieces to a large bowl & add in your spices & olive oil
4. Mix together with your hands until all potatoes are covered
5. Spread your potatoes out over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
6. Bake for 25 minutes on 450.