The bar/restaurant that I worked at in high school had a “Garbage” wing. I know, it doesn’t sound appealing AT ALL. However, it’s the best friggin’ wing I’ve ever had in my life. and, I’ve had a LOT of wings.
A Garbage wing is a wing dipped in hot butter garlic sauce & then sprinkled with ranch seasoning. I make my own ranch seasoning as the ranch packets contain dairy. If you’re not limited to dairy, feel free to grab a GF ranch packet!
My husband and I have been grilling all of our wings this summer. It’s easy, keeps the kitchen from being heated due to the oven/stove, and the cleanup takes a total of 5 seconds.
We used Mrs. Dash original seasoning on 1/3 of the wings (hubby’s favorite). I always buy a big pack of wings and my husband cuts them for me. We add the 1/3 we are going to season to a big bowl & sprinkle seasoning in & shake them around.
The wings with the seasoning always look better on the grill.
The unseasoned wings I dip right into the hot butter garlic sauce (or hot butter ranch if you’d prefer). Then I sprinkle them with my homemade ranch powder. At the bar I worked at, we had big tubs of sauce that we would dip the wings in before plating. We went though more wings in one night at that place than I could eat in my entire lifetime.
Pictured above on top is the garbage wing and below are the hot butter ranch wings.
For the sauces:
4 oz (about 8 tablespoons) butter
¼ c red hot
1. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds until it’s almost completely melted but not quite. Then whisk to make sure the little bit of butter that is still in tact is melted completely. ((I don’t melt it completely in the microwave because it changes the thickness of your butter.))
2. Pour ¼ c red hot in to your butter and whisk together.
3. Divide into 2 bowls
Hot Butter Ranch Ingredients:
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chives
1. I keep my ranch packet ingredients always premade in a container in my spice cabinet.
2. Mix the above ingredients into your hot/butter sauce.
3. Dip your wings in!
3 garlic cloves
1. Dice your garlic cloves & add to your hot/butter sauce.
2. Dip your wings in
3. Sprinkle with the above ranch seasoning mix.