The other day I needed something quick & easy for lunch & I was trying to use up some ingredients I had at home without having to run to the store just yet for my grocery shopping for the week. C’mon…. don’t tell me you’ve never done that.
I had Udi Gluten Free thin crusts in my freezer that I needed to use because ice was starting to form in the bag – yikes! Plus, I’m not gluten free anymore (thank you wonderful doctors) so I wanted these gluten free crusts out!
I did some googling to see if anyone ever tried to make a pizza without mozzarella cheese (other than tomato pie).
Viola! I found one here. I don’t think it’s right for people to take credit for other peoples work – I’ll always be open & honest when I used someone else’s recipe or even if I used it for inspiration. Apparently I’m a fan of the Minimalist Baker – I tend to end up on her website a lot. Her pictures are a heck of a lot better than mine too, but I’m doing this for fun, part time, and with the camera on my phone. No money invested here so let’s just be judgmental. 😉
I used a can of pizza sauce & added in parsley, oregano, and basil.
I used a can of mushrooms and a jar of roasted bell peppers.
I also sliced up a red onion.
I sauteed them all in a pan until they were cooked down. I also sprinkled in some parsley, oregano, and basil. I feel like for this recipe you can’t have enough seasonings.
They smelled amazing – And they’re healthy too!
I may have sprinkled some parmesan cheese directly to my veggies.
Then I used my sauce to put a thin coat on my crusts & topped with my veggies.
Then I loaded them up with Parmesan cheese & baked them at 425 for about 10 minutes.
They were crispy, crunchy, and oh so delicious! The veggies were perfect on this pizza and I didn’t miss the mozzarella cheese one bit.
You can find the recipe here. Here’s my version:
2 Udi Gluten Free Thin & Crispy Pizza Crusts
1 can pizza sauce
1 small can mushrooms
2 or 3 Roasted Red Bell Pepper (in a jar)
1 small can black olives (optional)
½ red onion sliced into circles & cut in ½
Dried basil, parsley, and oregano
½ tablespoon olive oil
1. Slice your roasted red bell pepper into bite size pieces. Slice your red onion into circles & cut the circles in half.
2. Add your roasted red bell pepper, red onion, and mushrooms to a saute pan. Add ½ tablespoon olive oil.
3. Sprinkle basil, parsley, and oregano over your veggies. I didn’t measure here – I literally just used a sprinkle – Enough to see the color.
4. Sprinkle basil, parsley, and oregano into your pizza sauce. I used about a ½ teaspoon or so of each.
5. Spread your pizza sauce mixture on to your Udi Crusts. Keep the layer thin here – You want it to be able to bake in the oven & not be a wet soggy layer.
6. Add on your veggie toppings! If you’re adding olives, add them here.
7. Sprinkle with garlic powder (use your judgment here with how much you’d like)
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (again, you can go crazy here or you can just add a sprinkling.)
9. Bake on 425 for about 10 minutes.