My husband LOVES crawfish. They kind of freak me out to be honest. Where I grew up they’re referred to as “crawdads” – I know, I know, it doesn’t get any more redneck than that. 😉 Anyway, I bought a big bag of these frozen little buggers and thawed them out in my sink.
Then I squeezed behind the head to remove the tail & get the tail meat out. Think of it like a mini lobster or a shrimp (it’s less gross that way – LOL). Make sure once you remove the meat you devein as you go. This is as easy as peeling off the top piece of meat & it’ll form that nice line down the back of the tail (just like a shrimp)!
I set my crawfish aside in a bowl & began chopping up my veggies.
I used 1 green pepper and a bunch of green onions.
Then I added ½ stick of butter to a pan & added in my veggies.
I let them cook for about 10 minutes (with the crawfish).
Then I added in 1 package of cream cheese, ½ c shredded cheddar cheese and 3 chopped up fire roasted red peppers and 2 tablespoons of the creole seasoning, but I forgot to take a picture here. 🙂
Mix it all up & it’s ready to eat! I put mine in the fridge until later and then we pulled it out & ate it cold while watching the football games. It’s a huge hit with my husband and well, for someone like me who isn’t a big fan of the crawfish it was quite delicious!
4 large handfuls crawfish
½ stick butter
1 8 oz pk. cream cheese
1 bunch green onions
1 green pepper
½ c cheddar cheese
3 fire roasted peppers
2 teaspoons creole seasoning
1. Remove the tail meat from your crawfish. (Do this by gently squeezing behind the crawfish head and pulling at the tail. Once you have the tail meat pull down at the top to devein like a shrimp)
2. Melt ½ stick butter in a pan. Once melted add in green onions (chopped) and green bell pepper (chopped).
3. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat & then add in your cream cheese & cheddar cheese and creole seasoning
4. Add in your chopped fire roasted peppers.
5. Once all is melted & creamy, serve with crackers.