My husband and I love chorizo and I’ve been dying to try to make chorizo pizza! I mean why not?!?! I was planning on using naan bread for the pizza however I found that the same company that makes the garlic naan bread I love also makes pizza crust!!! Score!!!
I even hit the chorizo jackpot! I was a little concerned about where I was going to find ground chorizo – I thought I might have to buy them in the links and then remove the ground sausage from the link. Giant had Hatfield brand ground chorizo on sale 2/$5!
I used a mixture of spanish cheese & mozzarella cheese for my cheese.
I shredded both cheeses & mixed them together in a bowl.
I bought some tiny orange tomatoes to add on to my pizza. I figured a pop of color & a little bit of a tomato might be delicious since this isn’t a “tomato sauce” pizza.
I sprinkled the cheese directly on the store bought naan pizza crust.
I cooked my chorizo
and sliced cilantro
I added the chorizo to the pizza & sliced the tomatoes in ½. Then I drizzled on sweet baby ray’s sriracha wing sauce.
I baked the pizza as instructed on the back of the naan pizza package and once the cheese was melted, it was ready to go!
The pizza was a hit! The naan pizza crust was just crispy enough & the chorizo & sriracha sauce were perfectly spicy. The cilantro puts this pizza over the top and on my definitely must make again list!
Naan pizza crust
Mozzarella cheese (I did a mix of 50/50 mozzarella & spanish cheese)
Cherry or grape tomatoes
Sweet baby rays sriracha wing sauce
1. Cook chorizo according to package instructions (cook until no longer pink)
2. Shred mozzarella/spanish cheese & add to naan pizza crust.
3. Add chorizo to cheese on pizza
4. Drizzle with sweet baby rays sriracha wing sauce (a little goes a lonnggg way!!!!)
5. Slice tomatoes in ½ & add on pizza
6. Bake according to naan package directions – Remove once cheese is melted
7. Add chopped fresh cilantro.