Christmas is right around the corner and what’s better than a candy cane danish? Guys, this is so quick & easy & I promise your family (and kids) will LOVE it!
Assemble your crescent rolls with the flat sides down (overlap a little). I used the “larger” Pillsbury crescent rolls here.
Cream your softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
Spread cream cheese mixture into crescent rolls.
Add cherry pie filling.
See those edges? You need to tuck those babies in!
Once they’re tucked, pop that candy cane in the oven for 15 minutes!
It’ll come out a golden brown (and it smells absolutely AMAZING). I let it cool for about 15 minutes & then I topped with icing.
Recipe borrowed from Amanda’s Cookin’
½ 8 oz package crm chz
¼ c sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
½ 21 oz can cherry pie filling
1 tube Betty Crocker white cookie icing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Align four crescent triangles in a straight line along the wide ends, slightly overlapping the corners. Starting with the fifth crescent, begin curving the head of the cane.
- Spread the inside along the wide end of the triangles with the cream cheese. Top with the cherry pie filling. Fold over the points of the triangles to form stripes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool (for at least 10-15 minutes) and then top with white cookie icing on the folder over crescent pieces.